Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My BIG Black Eye... OUCH!


Not to worry... 
but I had a little accident.

I have a BIG  black eye that looks just like a prune 
that has been reconstituted to the max. 


That's what I get for running for the phone at 4 am... 
and falling over the ottoman (on wheels). 
I knew it would only be time before that hard tile floor 
and I would meet up this way. 

There are many things about this desert home 
that I don't really care for.

The open layout that doesn't allow for wall decor... 
the 115 degree heat in the summer...
 and the hard tile floors!!!

Thankfully the CT scan didn't show damage to my eye socket. 
But I landed smack dab on the bone just above my eye. 
Apparently all all those little veins exploded.

I am just glad the I didn't damage my eye...  
or crack my cheekbone.

They say it will look much worse before it gets better. 
As it is, it looks worse than the "shiners" that you see on tv. 
My eye really does look like a big fat swollen prune. 



Since I can't see to type without reading glasses, 
and I can't seem to find my diamond encrusted monocle 
for my one good eye that can still open... 
I will just have to spare you any more gory  details.

Please understand that I was unable to visit and comment 
on all your wonderful posts from last week. 
I will read them when I can.

The Bunny Hop Party is still on!

The linky will be open at 4 pm Pacific Time.
I will post a reminder at that time.
See you then :)

xoxo 
Bunny Jean


5 comments:

GOOSE said...

I hope you heal FAST. Yesterday I gave MOM a cut on her lip and I knock lose her back tooth. We were just playing.
Blessings,
Goose

Elizabeth and Gary said...

OH NO!! you poor dear..I know your eye has to be so sore. Iam so sorry you were hurt. I have tile in kitchen and bathrooms and I wish I could change it out too.
Rest your eyes as much as you can.
Sending you really big hugs, Elizabeth

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

How quickly accidents happen! Now who would be phoning at 4 am? Hope that call wasn't an emergency.

Heal quickly. You are fortunate that there were no broken bones. Use this injury as an excuse to pamper yourself a bit.

Debra

Bliss said...

Well I hopped over from For the Love of White to say hello to you, but you won't be able to see me waving hi! I'll forever think of swollen eyes when I see prunes.

~Bliss~

A Cottage in the Clouds said...

Oh, ouch! I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm glad you don't have any serious damage, and I wish you a speedy recovery.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...