Monday, July 16, 2012

I Made A Ten Foot Tall Shower Curtain!



I want to share how I gave the standard glass shower door
a more custom look by making a shower curtain.

Some of my long time followers may have seen this post
but I know there are many how have not. 



The "Life Is A Journey, Not A Destination" candle
was found at from Tuesday Morning.
It was the inspiration for this bathroom.


This is our hall and guest bathroom. 
It has 10 ft. high ceilings.
So I had to make my own shower curtain. 
I made it out of a tablecloth for 15.00!



These are the SOFTEST turquoise blue bath towels.
The lighting and my camera doesn't do them justice.
My bathroom doesn't get much natural light.

The Oatmeal towels have embroidery and rows
of ruching at the bottom, and they are also
super soft and very absorbent.

Robin egg blue and tan towels from Target.

The oatmeal/tan towels were on clearance at my Target.


I have been working on getting my guest bathroom,
which is also my guest bathroom, a more
inviting, relaxing atmosphere.


10 ft. tall shower curtain.
I really didn't like the bare
look of the shower enclosure.
It just looked unfinished and
kind of cold.



OKAY...

Remember the mystery project that I was making
out of that tablecloth that I got  at Marshall's?


It's my TEN foot tall shower curtain!




This tablecloth had gone through quite a few markdowns. It started out at 39.99, and then after a few more is was  15.00!   



I love the colors and
of course the Quatrefoil pattern.
Both are very popular right now.


It is a Quatrefoil pattern in robin egg blue, tan and a
 touch of brown. Both sides look great.


So I grabbed it knowing just what
I would do with it because...
I'm SO clever.

I almost never use a tablecloth
as just that... why that would be boring.
It usually becomes a window treatment!


I layed it out on the floor and cut in half "lengthwise". Of course BUDDY just had to help!



You say that doesn't look 10 feet tall?
Well just read on...

This is a rather average sized hall bathroom,
with a very tall ceiling!


See...
TEN FEET TALL!




I do know that it looks much 
more inviting than it did before.

Do you like it straight or tied back?


  

Look... I have cute little guest towels!

The guest towel stand was found at the Goodwill for only 2.50!



I also have paper towels.

Paper towels and paper cups for sanitary reasons.
Q-tips are in the jar.




And of COURSE I have to have some
cute little birdies!

The bird picture was purchased from Tuesday Morning.




Definition of RUCHE

1: a pleated, fluted, or gathered strip of fabric used for trimming
ruched \ˈrüsht\adjective
Variants of RUCHE ruche  or ruch·ing  \ˈrü-shiŋ\

Origin of RUCHE

French ruche literally, beehive, from Medieval Latin rusca bark
First Known Use: 1827

Definition of QUATREFOIL

1: a conventionalized representation of a flower with four petals or of a leaf with four leaflets
2: a 4-lobed foliation in architecture
Illustration of QUATREFOIL

Origin of QUATREFOIL

Middle English quaterfoil set of four leaves, 
from Anglo-French quatre + Middle English -foil (as in trefoil)
First Known Use: 15th century




Thanks for visiting me today!

Remember that the Wednesday Bunny Hop Party will be up and running Tuesday at 4:00 pm Pacific time.

xoxo
Bunny Jean



I am sharing this with:



19 comments:

Suzy said...

I love the colors and the pattern in the fabric. You did a great job! I think you pulled off exactly what you were going for - very relaxing and serene space.

Always Nesting said...

OK Miss Smarty Pants, you did it again. It's gorgeous, just beautiful!!! I like it hung both ways. Straight adds a modern touch, tied back, more traditional. Love having it suspended close to the ceiling. That really makes it look elegant.

Having trouble on Pinterest with you and going back in today to see if I can work it out. I'm trying to Follow some of your boards but not all of them and that's where I'm having difficulty. Grrrr. if only I was a techy queen.

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Well aren't you clever!! I love the grandger that the curtain adds to your bathroom. I like the curtain closed at the top and the tie-backs the best. Thank you for linking up to Amaze Me Monday.

Joy Burkhart said...

I love your new bath curtain! The soft colors of all are very relaxing. You did a great job! I bought a bedspread a few years back (on sale) that I plan on making into curtains for the bedroom one day. You've inspired me!
XoXoXo
Joy

Refresh Restyle said...

I love your shower curtain and the whole bathroom!! I'm with you, I rarely use a tablecloth just on a table!

Katie@TeamSkelley said...

I LOVE this idea, Bunny Jean! My shower is similar, and I might have to borrow it! Thank you for the inspiration, and your nice comment over at Team Skelley. :D

Cathy @My 1929 Charmer said...

I think it really adds a sense of warmth to the bathroom. I like the tieback look cause I'm more traditional. The fabric is very nice.

xinex said...

Very nice and relaxing, Bunny. So spa like! What a transformation!....Christine

Unknown said...

Love the shower curtain! It's so pretty and adds drama to the bathroom! Great idea.

Angie said...

This looks great and I love the colors. What a great idea for your tall ceiling.

Robin said...

Thanks for directing me to this post. Our bathrooms do look alike. I sure wish I had a window in mine. I can't believe I didn't think of a long tablecloth for my shower curtain! I keep changing things here and there. Do you do that too? Have a great Thanksgiving and thanks for visiting.

Robin
Robin Flies South

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Love, love, love the colors! Your bath is elegant and very welcoming. I like the shower curtain tied back but it looks pretty both ways.

Debra

Sharlotte said...

What a great job! I would have never thought of using a tablecloth. I love it! It's perfect for you really tall ceilings!

Joy Burkhart said...

Hey there, girl!
Love the look - I remember this from last year, but I think you must have added to the bath since then. It's so peaceful. Great job!
xoxo
Joy

Kathe said...

I have trying to figure out a way to have long curtains in our guest bathroom. Never, ever occurred to me to use a tablecloth! You are a creative genius my friend. And I love the colors you used and how simply decorated the room is. So soft and comfortable for your guests!

Kathe said...

Oh gosh I was so excited I forgot to thank you for sharing at the party this week! Thank you :-)

~ The (UN)organized Homeschooling Mom said...

LOVE IT!!! It looks just wonderful.....I never knew your ceiling was so darn tall. PERFECT!

Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW! I love them tied back!! Truly breath taking!!

Unknown said...

Oh my! I love your shower curtain. (^.*) I like how the colors blend with the glass. It is stunning! If I have a curtain like that, I’m going to use it on my bedroom instead. I dunno, but I really find it sophisticated and I think it would fit perfectly on my room. :))

Yon Vann



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...