Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A June Wedding



Since June is the month for weddings 
I thought I would share a page out of one of
my Dolly Dingle paper doll books. 


Does anybody remember those?
Okay... they were even before my time, 
but I do have two reproduction books from the 1980's.


Take a look below and see if she reminds you of anyone. 


Dolly Dingle goes to a wedding. 

This is from my private collection and is watermarked "Do Not Copy".




The Kewpie is a cutie...


But it is not the Kwepie doll that she looks like.



You may recognize the stylized painting of Grace D. Drayton. She was best known for her illustrations of the "Campbell Kids".




This is a Campbell Soup add from 1935. 


This is from my private collection and is watermarked "Do Not Copy". 




Dolly is Maid of Honor.

This is from my private collection and is watermarked "Do Not Copy".



Her Dolly Dingle paper doll series ran in the woman's magazine Pictorial Review from 1913 until 1933. My mother was born in 1911 so I know she would have played with them.

I have more of these precious little paper dolls and will be sharing them periodically.

Hint: 
Dolly Dingle is very patriotic!


I will be sharing at these fun parties:




EDIT:
{I will share an update on my husband's health later today at 4:00 Pacific time when I post the Bunny Hop Party.}



xoxo 
Bunny Jean





7 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh what a fun post! Love, love, love the little doll! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

I used to LOVE to play with paper dolls. All of mine are still in a box at my parents. My daughter played with them when she was young, too. Gosh, my old paper dolls are almost old enough to be antiques!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Bunny Jean,
I do remember these cuties. I love paper dolls..and use to play with them. What a great post!
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those paper dolls are adorable--what cute little faces. I love kewpie dolls too..always have.

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Bunny Jean --

Don't you want to pinch those Dolly Dingle rosy cheeks! Dolly's wedding clothing is so fashionable. I loved playing with paper dolls but never had any of these.

Debra

Unknown said...

Dear Bunny Jean,
Oh yes, I love Grace Drayton. I have a small insert in my Valentine collection on her history. I have a nice collection of her Valentine's too. I love her Dolly Dingle. What fun to see more of her awesome paper dolls. She was a great artist. I joined your Bunny Hop..so hop on over if you have a moment.
(hope DH is doing better)..

Kathe said...

I remember playing with paper dolls! Such a cute post Bunny Jean! Thank you for taking me back in time :-) And thank you for sharing this at the party this week!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...