Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wednesday’s Bunny Hop Party #11



Yes it is time for...
Wednesday’s Bunny Hop Party.


I LOVE Autumn! Don't YOU?
I think it is all the warm and cozy colors.
Not to mention all the yummy food!

Last week’s party was full of colors
and I want to share three of my favorites in 
in no particular order.


My Favorite Picks!



The Front Porch… Autumn Style @ Country Glamour Home



Autumn Entertaining @ With A Dash Of Color



Spooky Mantle @ a wee Meenit




Don't Forget ...
If you were featured this week…
be sure to get your button!




Just copy the code and put in your sidebar.
(How to make or take a button home)



PLEASE READ!

There were a lot of lovely entries for last week’s party.

BUT…

I am concerned that 
that very few of you visited the other posts!
(it is obvious from my administrative inlinkz stats)

What’s up with that?

This party is a small party in comparison to the parties with 200- 500 entries.  It is meant to be small… By limiting this party to newish bloggers I was hoping to enable you to make connections to other new bloggers.

Like making our “own group” 
of blogging buddies.

Yes, I do understand that some of you are linking up to over a dozen parties… and I thank you for taking time to link up to mine. But I hate that I, as with many party hosts, am now having to set the linky up so that you can not join without a required link back to the party.
 Are you really in that big of rush?
Oh, and there's more...

Please don’t just “link and run”.

I really don’t mean to lecture you, but I believe that blogging is a give and take process. If you want someone to look at your blog, then go visit theirs. It is also nice to leave a comment when you like something… if you have the time. 
I bet you like comments!

Remember…

Established blogs with thousands of followers are great to look at. BUT… they will very rarely visit back, comment or “follow” you. They simply do not have time. They do however keep in touch with a lot of their original followers.

Now it gets personal…

Out of just over 30 entries last week, only three (3) of you
left a thank you for my efforts.

I don't expect everyone to comment,
but that is WAY down from the previous weeks. 


Why is that? 


I have removed those (3) comments from view so as not to
directly point any fingers at the 28 others who did not .

And no, those (3) who left me a kind comment were
not necessarily the three post that I featured. 


Don't you like me anymore? 


Just kidding... sort of. But I am still visiting all of you!
Hence that is why I feel a bit unappreciated 
when I don't even get a simple thank you.

After all... hosting a party does take considerable time. 
I must add that one or two of you may have
thanked me in a private e-mail and 
I thank you for that :]



xoxo Bunny Jean

PS.
If I offended any of you I am sorry. I know that some of you believe in "blogging without obligation". Yes, you are free to lurk all you want on as many blogs as you want. Just be polite when someone is offering you a platform to share your blog with others.

PPS.
I also know that by Wednesday that many post may have already been seen somewhere else, and that late comers may not get as many. But quite a few got just one viewing this week!
I just want everyone to understand that the connections they make with new bloggers now will only help them in the future.

xoxo Bunny Jean




21 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I sure hope I was one who left a thank you for hosting--if not I meant too:) Wanted to let you know that I always visit everyone's post but sometimes I have already seen it somewhere else. But please don't stop doing this--because I really enjoy your party!

Thanks for hosting it!:)

Bunny Jean said...

Not to worry Sandi, I know that some just forgot and I really am not keeping a tally of who did and who did not.

I also know that by Wednesday that many post have already been seen somewhere else.

But I just want everyone to understand that the connections they make with new bloggers now will only help them in the future.

xoxo Bunny Jean

WhyCuzICan said...

Bunny Jean, you know that I comment alot (not every week, but most weeks) and in fact, at one point you laughed and thought I was following you, remember that? I try to be a good guest, and peek around ALOT and leave LOTS of comments.

Bunny Jean said...

I know Suz... you were one step ahead of me that day to comment on the other's posts :)

xoxo Bunny Jean

WhyCuzICan said...

Well, it's true, I like visitors and I LOVE comments. Life is life, and depending how some of my posts strike people, I might get one comment in 50-100 views, or I could get 10 comments in 50 views. I just keep plugging along doing what I love to do. :)

G Inspires said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WhyCuzICan said...

Welcome to Bunny's HOP newbie party!! (and Blogland!) Looking forward to seeing your entry next week G!

Smiles, Suzanne
WHYCUZICAN

G Inspires said...

I'm just now learning about blogging and hope to enter next weeks party. I'm not prepared for tomorrows since I just found this awesome opportunity you are giving to us newbys. I'm a wee baby....just over a week old in the blog world. Altho seeing some of the people's projects that are being submitted to your parties is kind of intimating. So beyond my league but I'm going to try! The etiquette advice is appreciated too...sounds bad but as a newby I'm just now learning how to link back and all that.

G Inspires said...

Thanks "WhyCuzICan"!

Joy Burkhart said...

I certainly hope I left a comment, Bunny. I can't remember! You know I love your Bunny Hop, please keep it hoppin' down that bunny trail! I still have to get my post ready! Oh dear, I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! See ya later...
xoxo
Joy

WhyCuzICan said...

Ok ladies, time that I tell Bunny Jean formally "Thanks sweetie, for hosting" and just to let G know, I peeked at her blog and yes, I'm Follower #2!

Too, G, you can post one of our projects you have already done. I see you have a couple already. Goodness don't be SHY---Bunny Jean's is a great place! JUMP ON IN, THE WATER IS FINE!

Smiles, Suzanne

WhyCuzICan said...

Alrighty, someone from here is from Corvallis, OR! (I'm originally from Portland!) Gosh I miss Oregon and even the RAIN!

Fess up, who is from Oregon?

Smiles from Midwest (Illinois) now,
Suzanne

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Awwww this such a lovely surprise,Bunny! Came home today late and was checking my mail and came to link up and what a wonderful surprise! Thanks so much for the feature, I can proudly display the"featured button" now. Congratulations to the others as well. I love linking up every week and I appreciate you hosting each week, it must be a lot of hard work. We really appreciate you.Thanks for bringing a smile to my face at the end of a tiring day!Have a wonderful mid-week!Hugs~Poppy

Joy Burkhart said...

Hey Bunny!
I just want to let you know I re-read the topics you'd like to see here after I linked up. I goofed, big time, with my post. :(
I'll do another one tomorrow for ya, promise! Glad you're here and hosting!
xoxo
Joy

Bunny Jean said...

Joy.... ALL topics are welcome... as long as they don't make me blush!

Those I listed are just examples:)

That's the fun of this party... it is to get to know each other and not stick to one topic!

xoxo Bunny jean

Ann said...

I am a new(ish) blogger--since end of July--and have just found your wonderful blog (I'm following). Thanks for sponsoring your linky party. I will be linking up when I can.

Joy Burkhart said...

Hey! Thanks for clarifying the topics thingy! I'm getting so befuddled at times, need someone to keep me straight! About the moon and the size it appears to us: I flew with my uncle and his family back in the summer of '71 to and from my Grandma's in PA. He had his pilot's license and worked at the local airport. We came back at night and the moon was full and bright-white in the upper atmosphere. When we landed, it was a huge, orange ball that took up the horizon! It was beautiful! I'll never forget it!
xoxo
Joy

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Okay--off the subject--I was looking through your old posts about the faux foods like in your header! Love them! I need a really pretty cupcake. I cannot find a link to a website. Are you still making them? Please let me know.

Aquascape Your Landscape said...

I hope I wasn't one who forgot to comment last week, but I probably was because I was in a hurry to get my blog posting done. Anywho, I really do appreciate your linking party and have found many blogs of new interest because of you. This week I found Joy of "Christmas Spirit All Year Long." What a great find! Thanks for all you do!

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

What a wonderful collection of Halloween themed items. I am envious! Thank you for hosting the Bunny Hop Party. I am a new blogger and I am looking forward to exchanging ideas with everyone.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Bunny Jean! Thanks so much for inviting me to the party!! You have some really great features from last week!! I look forward to visiting the other blogs! Blessings to you!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...