Monday, December 3, 2012

A Christmas Welcome



We all know that the front door 
sets the mood for the rest of the home.



My home is casual and I decorate for Christmas in the same manner. I use the standard red and green colors and the decorations have a nature theme. 


Of course I have birds! 

You all know how much I love birds... and for Christmas it is Cardinals. They always make me think of my mother because she also used Cardinals and I still have those hanging Cardinal ornaments. I am sure they were purchased for a pretty penny at that famous card store, as that is where the best seasonal items were found way back in the 60's and 70's.  Now we can get great things at the dollar store! 

I save all my Christmas decor... forever! 

I am very careful what I buy as it will use it over and over. Not everything gets put out every year, but I love to see them as I go through my Christmas boxes. I am very sentimental that way.   I have items that I made in grade school and of course many of my children's as well. How about you? 

Do you toss things in order to have a different theme each year? 

I know a lot of you have multiple trees with different themes. I know Debbie (Debbie- Dabble) does! I love visiting just so I can see all the different colors and styles. I love the soft white decor Sandy (For The Love of White) uses all year around. I love the elegant, traditional and modern themes too! I will be share more blog links on future posts :)

What kind of tree do you use?
A real tree or artificial one?

I use an artificial tree. The newer ones with the lights already on are so easy to set up, much cleaner... and way less expensive especially if you live in an area far away from any tree farms. Once it is fully dressed (and perfumed  it looks beautiful... kind of like me :o)

But some years I don't even put it up. 
I am really getting lazy in my old age...



This may be the only "tree" I decorate this year...


xoxo
Bunny Jean

6 comments:

Always Nesting said...

I love your entry and the traditional decorating also.

craftyles said...

Your entry way looks great and festive. The little tree adds alot. We have an artificial tree too. Much easier.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your entry looks so pretty :) I am so flattered you mentioned me. :) I am behind this year on Christmas--just got my tree today. Need to get on decorating it! The kids are anxious. I always do a live tree because I feel like in Oregon it is so easy to have a live tree. The whole house smells like the tree right now. Gotta love that :) You inspire me to get busy decorating!

Savannah Granny said...

Your entryway is beautiful. I love the three wreaths joined together.
I won't be decorating this year as we will be gone most of the month and into the new year.
I use an artificial tree due to allergies. I finally figured out why I was getting a terrible upper respiratory infection in late Dec and early Jan. I am kinda dense but it finally hit.
Have a Merry Christmas, Ginger

Janae said...

It all looks great!! I need to do some more decorating by my front door, you are right it does set the tone for the rest of the home.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your front door looks Beautiful for Christmas.. I do hope you and your family had a wonderful Hoilday. Do you have your linkie partys yet??
xxoo Diane



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...