Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Death of My Computer


R.I.P.

I have known for awhile that my desktop computer was ailing, but I have been able to revive it a few times... up until last night. I think it was a virus...


So here I am using my laptop. I guess I am "old school" because I much prefer the larger scale of the desktop computer... I may finally get my house in order.

What kind of PC do you use as your main way to blog? I ask this because I have noticed that my carefully spaced paragraphs are totally out of whack on this little laptop! 
Oh... and the color is way off too!

This really bothers me!

I think that most of you already know that I have a bit of OCD.  I need things to be balanced... in life, decor and especially on my blog!

Now I know that not all computers are the same as mine and your screen resolution may be set up differently. Yes, this does make a difference in how you actually view what I have so carefully placed on my blog.

Have I mentioned that I like control?

With so little in life that I can actually control... 
the fact that I am in charge of my blog is satisfying. 
Is that asking too much?

So here I am... cringing at the fact that my past posts (written on my desktop) have paragraphs that are not as I 'crafted' them. They are all wonky, and I can't stand it!

Example:
 I  just can't stand it when a line has just one 
word.
So I am always careful to space my sentences so they don't look like 
this!

This is just not acceptable!

Sooo, it was very hard to write this post. As you can see (depending on your resolution) that many sentences look just as awkward as does that  example sentence.

Maybe I should stop 'centering' and go with the left side alignment. I know the 'professional' blogs do, but I am only a little 'hobby' blogger and I just want it cute.

Okay... Is it just me?

Is anybody else bothered by this? I am sick and tired of how the preview isn't even the same once it's published! I have tried Live Writer and still had problems...

If you have any suggestions or feedback please help a girl out...

xoxo 
Bunny Jean



The Bunny Hop Party 
is still going on and you are all welcome 
to hop on over and join in on the fun!


4 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love the title of your post! :) Sorry about your computer! I only have a laptop and I love it. I used to have a "big" computer and after getting a laptop have never wanted to use the big one.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I too loved the title and it reminded me to put my laundry in the dryer-thanks. I was glad when our desktop pc bit the dust because I hate cords-so many many cords. Now I just have a laptop, that is usually plugged in and we still have cords-like the printer etc.
I can be OCD about certain things, just probably not enough about housework(hubby would like it if I was more driven).
I know you'll work it out.
Have a great Friday.
Noreen

Savannah Granny said...

Bunny,
You didn't say you were in the market for a new computer but you did ask what we use. I use a MacBook Pro. I have always used Mac at home although I used PC'S at work. Just me personally, but I would never go out and purchase a PC.
The Mac is not as susceptible to computer viruses and, (to me) is much easier to use. I have been using an Apple computer for 20 years. I have NEVER had a virus and I have NEVER had a crash or lost any of my data.
Now, for the problem with posts. I normally like to center my verbiage also. I was having a problem the other day with my preview not looking like my compose view. Preview kept throwing a line back up to the next line. I was able to remedy that by adding several blank spaces to the first line. Worked that time, don't know about next time but I don't think it is your computer.
Have a great weekend, Ginger

Marigene said...

I use a laptop for everything these days...it takes up no room at all and I can take it with me wherever I go. I would never go back to a pc.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...