Monday, February 15, 2010

Plastic Surgery and my "Big New Knobs"...




This post is all about change,
and plastic surgery certainly is a change!

I want to share my opinion about my having it... and then show a picture of my new knobs. They are much bigger than the old ones.


First of all let me explain...


At 57 years old (at least until April) things get to drooping. Whenever I mention having a little "repair" done to my face, Hubby tells me I don't need it... and it just wouldn't be a good idea.

Now, I kind of understand the latter. Here is just one of the many reasons why... it seems that I am never, ever, happy with a new haircut. I have to come home and "fix" it. Just think how that would work after plastic surgery!


Okay. I get his point.

But if I casually mention having a B@@B job (I spelled it that way, so I won't get bombarded by search engines), he is not as quick to dismiss the idea.  Humph! 

So anyway, I think for now I will just be repairing and rejuvenating the other old broken down stuff around the house... and not me.



So here are the new knobs...

They are much bigger and than the original ones that came with this unfinished dresser. They are not really white but have a slight beige glaze on them. Aren't they pretty?





The knobs were a lucky find (1/2 off) at Hobby Lobby.  I had originally purchased them for my bathroom cabinets. The beige/white finish inspired me to paint the dresser the same color.





  I first painted it bright white and then glazed it with a light taupe. The dresser is one I've had for over 20 years. I used the semi gloss paint that we used in the bathroom and for the bathroom cabinets.



So I figured it basically cost nothing!

(But I guess now I will have to buy
more knobs for the bathroom cabinets.)




This dresser is in my newly refinished closet that I shared last week. It is on the fourth wall that I did not show... as I was waiting to add this dresser.


I still haven't downsized this section of the closet. These are my really casual clothes. Hopefully it will look better after some organizing.  (I need to color code)



 "A place for everything and
every thing in it's place".



Okay... the closet is a done deal!





The next step in my Master Bathroom redo is to paint the bathroom cabinets. Hopefully that will be ready for next week.

~~~

I am participating in these events this week. I hope you will have time to visit them as they are full of great ideas by some really creative bloggers.


Between Naps on the Porch
 please click here



A Soft Place to Land
Please click here


The Shabby Chic cottage
Please click here

29 comments:

Jeanette said...

I like your new k n o b s. Perky and just right. LOL. Looks great.

Anonymous said...

Nothing like newer and bigger knobs! :) LOL They look great and I love your closet! Oh, shoot! You're making me feel bad - my close it awful! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the new knobs. They remind me of something, hmmm... will have to get back to you on that. But they do look great with the dresser. And the whole closet looks fabulous!!

I have a question after learning you went over the white with a taupe glaze. I have a cabinet that I painted green and it came out a more lime green than soft green. Can I change that by using a glaze and what shade would I use?

Thanks for popping over today. It led me to a great blog!

xoxo
Jane

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Teehee...this post made me laugh. Love the new knobs!! Visiting from Kimba's party. :)

bj said...

OMGosh...I laughed so hard at this post!
Mentioning PLASTIC SURGERY and MY NEW KNOBS in the same sentence sent me into orbit. So so funny!! hahhhhaaa

I DO like your new look in your closet...knobs and all !!
hahhhaaa love, bj

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Love your knobs:) A b@@b job at 57! That would be hilarious. Great post! I am laughing. (And in your profile picture, you look about 37! I'm not joking.)

Magic Brush said...

Perfect knobs! That was hilarious!!!!!

{oc cottage} said...

Geez! I will take any knobs that I can get...Hobby Lobby you say? I'm on my way! '}

m ^..^

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

How funny you had me going there for a minute or two.
Love love your closet and I would so be in hog heaven to have one like this.
Take care of your knobs
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just discovered the Texas Blogging Gals network and signed up to be a part of it. I'm checking out the other members and hope to get to know you. I became a follower. You can come by and meet me at www.lonestarlifer.wordpress.com
Thanks!

Scribbler said...

I wish mine was this neat! I have those baskets in my bathroom -- there was just no storage at all. I like the way they look -- very orderly.

Scribbler

Erin said...

Nice KNOBS! :)

You closet is amazing. I want one just like it!!!

Stacey said...

You are too funny! I love your title. The new knobs and dresser look great.

Anonymous said...

Love your sense of humor and I, too, struggle with the should I or shouldn't I get some "work" done. My problem is, I still feel 30, but my face says 53 so it's like my brain doesn't match my body, except on the days when my menopause is in overdrive and I'm going crazy from lack of estrogen.

I love what you have done with your closet and I love the dresser. Perfect fit and it looks fabulous.

DeeAnna said...

I wish my knobs were a little smaller, the hubs disagrees! Love the title. Save your money, get a little work done, tell your husband you fell of your bike onto your face, and everyone will be happy!

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

You are so funny! That is one fantastic closet. I'll have to admit that I'm a bit envious of it. You see, I live in a 110 year old house and 110 years ago, people didn't have many clothes and didn't need closets. Unfortunately, the house still doesn't have a closet except for one tiny one under the stairs. We've had to make a place for our clothes in the utility room, so I dream bigger than just a pair of knobs...I won't the whole package! :)

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Your new knob job looks fab ;).

nannykim said...

Man, you really lead us on there for awile!! I love the closet--makes me jealous!!

nannykim said...

ps. Thanks for your rat story--I surely hope it is just squirrels in our yard! ;-)

Unknown said...

Yes you made me look with your title. And then you made me smile by revealing your new knobs were on your dresser. Nice job. I can't wait to look around the rest of your blog.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

So cute and funny. I really do love your closet and how organized it all is. That is just fantastic. I love it. I had a good time browsing through several other posts too. Everything is so lovely. Thanks also for stopping by and leaving such a gracious comment. Hugs, marty

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your new "knob job" -- oh to be this organized! Thanks for your sweet visit!~

nest of posies said...

this is so funny! especially since we are talking about your new knobs...and now i am going to go right into your comment about breastfeeding!!! haha! lol.

you my dear, are so kind to leave such a personal comment to me about your twins & breastfeeding them. it made my day & week. i can't believe your doctor didn't believe you when you said there was another one in there!!! omg! i can't imagine going through all that. did you have an extra crib in the wait? since you "knew" it was twins? what a story!
breastfeeding the twins has been the hardest thing i have ever done, by far. but now it is the most rewarding thing that i will have ever done. it is so easy to breastfeed them now. i know soon we will start the complete "winging" process. but for now, i am loving every minute of this hand holding, peekaboo, smile, nursing time. it is Divine.
again, thank you for such an uplifting comment.

as you know, there are not many that can say they breastfed...let alone breastfed TWINS!!!

have a lovely day!
p.s. omg! that closet...i will be dreaming about it for weeks to come. love it!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

You are soooo funny!!! Great post. And I wish my closet looked half as organized as yours. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment on my tablescape.

Kendall@ Finesse Your Nest said...

Hi there! I found you through Texas Blogging Gals. Love the knobs and FREE project is my FAVE kind of project! Oh how I wish my closet were as neat and organized as yours!

Heather Henderson said...

haha, i thoughts knobs was a euphemism.

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Your post made me smile, for several reasons. First, cute, catchy post title.

Second, all men must be alike when it comes to cosmetic surgery. Your husband's comments were an exact repeat of what my hubby said to me 8 years ago when I told him I wanted a facelift..."You don't need it." But I was adamant and stuck to my guns. He tried to talk me out of it by bribing me with a new car. I chose the surgery...and he was so thrilled with the outcome he asked me if I was interested in getting a b@@b job too. NO. But if I felt the need, I'd do more touch-up face work in a heartbeat! (After a haircut, I come home and restyle my hair too!)

Last but not least, your new knobs, the dresser and the closet makeover is awesome. Enjoy!

Nola said...

Thanks, hon, you gave me my laugh for the day! Love the "knobs" and the way you spelled B@@Bs! Too funny!

Unknown said...

Your new knobs are great but I love your post title even more. What a hilarious post. Thanks for sharing.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...