Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wednesday’s Bunny Hop Party #49 - Head For The Hills




It is Bunny Hop Party Time!

Next week will be party # 5o! 
So... there just might be a surprise.
You will just have to tune in to see...


But first, let me tell you about my weekend in hell the hills.

Since the weather here in the desert has been hot AND humid (late summer is 'monsoon' season with never much rain just humidity),  I decided to plan a trip to the mountains. 


Sorry I have no pretty pictures to share of my 
24 hours to hell and back.
You will see why if you read my post.



It was not a good trip. 
In fact the only good thing was that the dogs didn't throw up and I have no idea why... since we took the 'scenic route' that is twice as long and had three times as may hairpin turns. 

We arrived.
I got a headache as soon as we opened the door to our 'non-smoking' smoke and disinfectant reeking room. I never even stepped foot in the room but still ended up with a migraine. 

No Sleep.
The air conditioner was on... but didn't blow out cool air beyond 6 inches. The mattresses were like two box spring foundations... no lie! Did I mention I had a headache?

Breakfast.
The quaint little restaurant had outdoor seating that allowed dogs... Just go through the back gate and sit by the dumpster. 
And don't break the flimsy (dirty) plastic chairs.

I just want to go home.
I needed my migraine meds if I was to manage the trip down that narrow mountain road. The good new is that the 'shortcut' has only 14 miles of hairpin turns, the bad news... read on. 

Getting drugs.
The pharmacy said I was no longer covered by insurance 
(not true) but that I can just pay out of pocket. I said I'd rather not since they are rather expensive little pills...

What the what?
  Then they said the cost of the prescription was 1,200.00!!!  
I said, "Whaaat? For three (3) little migraine pills?! 
That just can't be possible".

The misunderstanding.
By this time she is getting on my nerves. If I wasn't so sick I would have lost it. I said that they are around 40.00 per pill NOT 400.00 and she better check again!

The second opinion.
After her exasperated glance in my direction, she consults with the pharmacist. Okay... that quote was for 30 pills, sorry. 
The packet of three pills is just 127.00. 

My stubbornness.
I am sorry... but since I am covered on this insurance I don't want to pay 127.00 out of pocket for the stupid pills that I should get for just a 10.00 co-pay!

My solution.
I get the extra strength Tylenol (which is useless in this case) and Bonnine motion sickness pills and hope for the best.
And bathrooms... oh I pray for bathrooms.


Back down the hill we go...



This is what we learned from 
our weekend away. 

I learned that the grass is not always greener... 
I arrived home with a brand new respect for my desert home.

My husband learned that sometimes luck is truly on his side. Thankful in the fact that this was all my idea.


I hope that you all had a better weekend. 
I would love to see what you have to share at this week's party!

xoxo 
Bunny Jean



20 comments:

bj said...

O, so sorry for your LOST WEEKEND. Sounds pretty bad.
I've had pretty good luck with booking reservations if they have photos on a website for me to check out. We just spent 5 days at a cabin near Angel Fire, NM and it was exactly as shown. Their cabin photo on the site was the one we had reserved so it was good. Not as comfortable as home and a little tacky but it was clean, quite and had a fantastic deck with a grill and picnic table. We loved it.
Better luck next time on your weekend away.
xo bj

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I can't believe how expensive pills can be! Janae is a pharmacy tech so she tells me what over the counter stuff is good. Thanks for having the Bunny Hop! Can't believe it is 50 already (coming up). Have a good week!

suzyq said...

Wow - what a business it is ( and definitely not the business of making people better ) horrifying story!
And on top of that your hosting a party????
Thanks so much though!
Big hugs,
SUzan

Cottage and Broome said...

Sorry you had a bummer weekend! Hope this week is shaping up to be better. Thanks for hosting, Laura

kitty said...

Wow, Bunny Jean, what a weekend! OMGoodness, I'll bet you were soooo happy to get home to your own cozy bed. I'm not good at all on hairpin turns...I might as well put blinders on or lie down in the back seat. I guess "There's no place like home" is so true.

Creations By Cindy said...

Thanks for hosting! Glad I could join this time around! Girl friend, sounds you had one more of a weekend! So sorry for all the MESS! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

FABBY'S LIVING said...

With this umbeliebable prices who is going to get better..I'd say get worse!! My goodnes dear Bunny Jean and even so you put up your wonderful party! I'm so glad you'e back home my friend, away from stupid and rude salespeople. Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for your lovely and kind visit from last week's post. Thank you so much for hosting today. Please rest!
FABBY

lizy b said...

Oh how I feel for you. As a migraine sufferer myself, I know that desperate feeling when you realize your little bottle of meds isn't rattling like it's supposed to!!! glad you made it back home safely. And congratulations for not hurting the girl behind the counter. Honestly I think anyone that suggests tylenol to someone with a migraine should be.......something I don't really want to wish on anyone.

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Sorry to hear about your miserable weekend. Hope your headache has gone away. Thanks for taking time to prepare for hosting this party.

Debra

Jann Olson said...

So sorry Bunny, it's awful when things like that happen. I don't want to make you feel bad, but hubby and I went to the mountains and had an awesome time. Hope you have a better experience next time. I was going to link up my mountain post but decided that it was probably not the best thing to link. lol!
Hugs,
Jann

xinex said...

So sorry about your trip and your migraine. We went on the mountains too (Utah) and I had headaches but I think it was due to the altitude. Hope you have recovered...Christine

Winnie said...

Bunny Jean
I can only say that I really admire your coolness. Being red-hair I'd freak out
But I was very sorry to read all you went through.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Bunny Jean,
I am so very sorry for your weekend!
Long ago when I developed numerous medical problems ( mostly stomach problems) I knew my days of traveling were over ( unless I knew about those bathrooms you mentioned). So I decided to make my house into the type of place I would love to stay while on vacation. So I turned my home into my own little Victorian B&B and every day when I come home from working all night and I open that front door, I want to drop to my knees and Thank God that I am home because I truly feel that I am on "vacation" when I walk through that door!!

Thanks so very much for hosting!

Hugs,
Debbie

mississippi artist said...

Oh you poor thing, I used to have migraines and I don't know how you made it through all of that!Thanks for hosting.

T!na said...

So sorry to hear about your horrible weekend. I hate it when, what is supposed to be a great weekend goes south.

Thank you for hosting.

Curtains in My Tree said...

so sorry for your lousy week end

theres no place like home

and so sorry about that expensive migraine head ache

thanks so feeling like letting us all party with you today

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

On my goodness. Not a fun time at all. So sorry you felt so unwell.

Thank you, as always, for hosting. I love having something to share.

Take care of you.

Joy

Kathe said...

Oh Bunny Jean you poor thing! I'm glad you made it home safe and sound (well maybe not sound, I know how tough those stinkin' migraines can be!). Thanks so much for hosting dear ♥

Geneva said...

Sorry to hear about your weekend Bunny...it does sound miserable in every way. The idea was good though so hope you'll try again... ":o)

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

New follower today :-). Thanks for visiting my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...