Sunday, August 7, 2011

Words Set to Music


This is my very first time to join in on 
Jenny's Saturday Centus.

This week the prompt is
"You are my sunshine".
We can add up to fifty words more.

I have no idea what I'm doing,
but if BJ from Sweet Nothings can do it, so can I ;)


You are my sunshine was a favorite song of my Mother's.
She would have been 100 years old this year and I wrote
a post about her life growing up.


 I like to play it now and then, just because...




(This is to read as if you were singing the song)

You are my sunshine,
my only sunshine.
I had to play this...
for my mom.

I never liked to,
but always had to.
How I wish...
I could do...
that today!



Please go take a peak at this special post
I wrote about her on her 100th birthday.
I also included a youtube
song just for her.
  
 

And then...
Why not go on over to Jenny's
and try your hand at this fun meme :)

I am also linking up to Natasha's 
Pinning and Singing Party.

11 comments:

jfb57 said...

Great first post & salute to your Mum. Well done & do come & join us all again!

Lynn said...

Very nice tribute, and I did sing it to the tune:@)

cj Schlottman said...

Welcome! This is quite a tribute to your mother, and I am going straight to your link to read more about her. (I did sing along)!

Namaste.........cj

Dazee Dreamer said...

You did a great job. And now, you will find yourself wanting to do it weekly. Its an addiction

Judie said...

For a first-timer, you did pretty darned good! I love the picture, too!

bj said...

Waaay too sweet, BJ...
Thanks for giving me a shoutout ...appreciate it.
I think this is going to be so fun.
I am hoping to join in a lot.
Also Shadow Shot Sunday is another fun one..mine is up today.
There's 2 more new memes that are going to be such fun...
Pinning and Singing and something like The Farmhouse Look. They are on my blog if you want to ck them out.
xo bj

Susan Anderson said...

A good message to me about remembering to show my mother all the love I can while she is still with me.

Thanks.

=)

Jo said...

what a lovely little tribute to your Mom ...

Nonna said...

Excellent and Wonderful first time Centus !!!

Your Mom was a special lady and the message of your piece is one to take to heart for those of us who still have our Mom's with us. Glad you have joined in with all of us...the more, the merrier !

Unknown said...

Welcome to Saturday Centus! Great start! You did well! Hope you stay with us!
I have written a longer comment on your mother's 100th birthday-post.
Best wishes,
Anna

Sanna's Sunshine SC Wk 66

This is my cat's blog post about the letter "P":
P is for Presents - Sara Cat AT-rd-3-P

Jenny said...

Welcome to Saturday Centus.

What a touching use of the prompt. This was such a nice tribute to your Mom!

I suspect she might have heard you singing in her heart!

Thanks for linking up. I'm going to look around your blog. It looks really neat!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...