Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cash for Clunkers...I Qualify!!!

If my body were a car,
this is the time I would be thinking
about trading it in for a newer model...
~~~

"I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish, and my paint job is getting a little dull. My headlights are out of focus, and it's especially hard to see things up close. My traction is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather. My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins. It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed. My fuel rate burns inefficiently.
~~~
But here's the worst of it --Almost every time I sneeze, cough or laugh, either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires!!!" *

CASH FOR CLUNKERS... I QUALIFY !
How about You?
~~~
I fear the day will come { many years away...} when my loved ones will have to make the decision to collect Grandma's keys...
~~~~~

* Thanks to Linda S Amstuzt for the the main body of this post.
c2003 Linda S Amstutz. You can read more by this author at http://anotherlinda.blogspot.com/.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Hi Bunny Jean,
This is a fun post! Now if I were a clunker (and I probably AM), I'd want to be one of those great old Cadillacs with the mile-high fins!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving the nice comment. I hope you will join in Tablescape Thursday very soon. It's so much fun, and you'll meet the nicest people there!

As far as photographic advice, Susan of Between Naps on the Porch sweetly suggested that if I were using a flash (and I'm sure she could tell that I WAS), my pictures might turn out better if I tried turning the flash off and turning on whaterver lights were available in the room. The advice I'd add to that is to use a tripod. I have to, or the flashless pictures come out blurry. She must have a steadier grip than I do.

I think she's going to do a tutorial on photography soon. I may post a few tips on using imaging programs to improve the images before adding them to posts.

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

How funny!!!..:D I am definitely a clunker and should be replaced.
We better be quiet, they(gov)might decide they need to get rid of all the people over sixty-five so they can pay for the new health program!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...